My dear little children, also today I’m coming to you to bring you My consolation. Many of you can’t taste My Son Jesus’s Love yet. My Son wants to reveal you, through Me, all His love so that you can operate wonders. I’m exhorting you, My children, to live a more persevering faith in order to understand the plans that God has for each one of you. You can’t taste His love, if you don’t live the Messages that I’ve been giving you for so many years. I need you, I need new Apostles who can offer their “Yes” with humility because, through a Light path, you can be the hope for those who are losing the path that God’s traced. My children, return to desire that love which you’ve savoured when you’ve felt forgiven and released from sin. Nowadays, My children, there’s too much noise in your hearts and you can’t immerse yourselves in a continuous prayer any more, for this reason I’m exhorting you to start praying again. Pray, pray, pray, My children, because Satan’s always lurking in order to weaken your faith. I’ll be next to you in order to help you and support you. Pray for the Shepherds so that, through them and with their blessed hands, you can be helped to overcome evil. I’m blessing you all. Pray, pray, pray!
- This message is a kind of “exhortation”. In this time we exactly read in the breviary the exhortations of Jesus in the Apocalypse of John. The exhortation of this Saturday, May 6th, seems to be the echo of the lesson given to the Church of Ephesus: “I must reproach you that you have not the love of a time any more. Consider from what height you have fallen and return to the first lead. Otherwise, I will come to you and if you are not converted, I will remove your candlestick from its place “(Acts 2: 4).
- Mary takes the place of the people of the Holy Trinity. Here, Mary is presented as:
- Messenger of the second person of the Holy Trinity.
- Sacrament of the presence of Jesus: “My Son wants to reveal you, through Me, all His love…”.
- We are in the perspective of the “New Evangelization”: “I need new Apostles”.
- Mary came to the first Vespers on 4th Easter Sunday, called the “Good Shepherd”. (By Father M.F.)
Comment on the text
- To bring you My consolation: In the Messages to Raffaele Ferrara, Mary often appears as the “Virgin of Consolation”. We are in very bad times. Many Christians are crushed, shattered, bruised. I’m like a person who has fallen from a horse. They do not need a shot more. In their goodwill, they rather need sweet maternal caress. “I’ll be next to you in order to help you and to support you.”
- Many of you can’t taste My Son Jesus’s Love yet: in the tradition until the sixteenth century, tasting the flavour of Jesus’ love seems like a good, desirable thing, necessary to deal with the purifications, nights. The charismatists have rediscovered Simeon’s thought, the New Theologian (917-1022): sacramental baptism is insufficient; it must absolutely be completed by the experience of the Holy Spirit through a demanding way of unceasing prayer.
- My Son wants to reveal you, through Me..: “ad Jesum per Mariam”. Jesus is the Father’s revelation. Mary is Jesus’s revelation and monstrance. So that you can operate wonders. The apostolate is born from the inner mystical experience of Jesus’ love.
- I’m exhorting you, My children, to live a more persevering faith in order to understand the plans that God has on each of you: There we have an invitation to enter the illuminative ways as true “proficient” (John of the Cross, Night, Cap. 1) . According to St. Isaac the Ciriac in the Asian Discourses (Cap 19, No. 7), after years of perseverance, the proficient discovers many things that he did not notice before. In a blink of an eye, he discerns the malice of secret thoughts, their concatenation, the deceits of the devil … He also reveals many beautiful things about nature and grace, on the paths of spiritual progression. Here, Mary invites us to the illuminative life where the soul, always in the darkness of faith, perceives so many things on its spiritual path, on its own vocation, on its “new Name”.
- You can’t taste His love (God’s) if you don’t live the Messages that I’ve been giving you for so many years: A rule of contemplative life enunciated by monastic fathers and the Great Tradition: you have to start on the active path (ascesis, works, charity) to reach spiritual, truly contemplative prayer. The slightest disorderly attachment to creatures prevents us from joining God and enjoying his sweetness. We can not cheat. The “Messages given from so many years” are the basic teaching about prayer, renunciation of sins and creatures, silence, fasting, chastity, and fraternal love. In the postwar period, under the pontificate of Pius XII, a faction, very hostile to classical ascension and very open to the spirituality of mercy, was born in the Latin Churches . This struggle against voluntarism, formalism and rigorism then had some justification. Today, we see the disaster of so many Christian lives built on laxity and a false doctrine of mercy. Everywhere we encounter the collapse of houses that seemed solid: “Their ruin was great” (Mt 7:27). We saw it another time, it’s time to veer the bow!
- I need you, I need new Apostles who can offer their “Yes” with humility because, through a Light path, you can be the hope for those who are losing the path that God’s traced. According to Franciscan tradition, the first sermon is the one of the acts. Here, we have the advice of becoming humble examples, light, salt for the many ex-Christians. We must be careful to the expressions:”path”, “walk”. We are the Pilgrims of Mary on the way to perfection. Our Website is called “incamminoconmaria”. All the Messages of the Virgin to Raffaele Ferrara are inserted in a perspective of “progressiveness.” Mary seems to say that She is not happy of our slowness and spiritual laziness.
- My children, return to desire that love which you’ve savoured when you’ve felt forgiven and released from sin. Meditate on the monition given to the Church of Ephesus: “I must reproach you that you have not the love of a time any more.” (Ap, 2, 4).
- Nowadays, My children, there’s too much noise in your hearts and you can’t immerse yourselves in a continuous prayer any more, for this reason I’m exhorting you to start praying again: Everywhere we see that informatics, the media are a huge problem at the level of morality and culture. We can say: the human brain had changed for 20 years. So we have to invent a new way of being present in the world, a new pedagogy. It is almost impossible to watch TV more than half an hour each day and have a real prayer life. In Medjugorje, in the beginning of Lent of 1986: “Switch off the TV and leave aside the various things that are not useful for you.”
- Pray, pray, pray, My children, because Satan’s always lurking in order to weaken your faith: Today it is not a matter of sensitive passions but of Faith. They say that tomorrow there will be a terrible doctrinal crisis, a great yielding of the Faith: “But the Son of Man, when he comes, will He find faith on earth?” (Lk 18: 8)
By Father M.F.